Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Day 20

A hobby of mine and how it has changed since my loss ~

A hobby I've always had but have gone years between practicing is painting, drawing, and crafting. What has changed about it is that I need it now more than ever. I need to lose myself in whatever it is I'm creating 1) because it allows me to take my mind off of the grief. 2) It can help me dive fully into the grief and express it where I might not find words for it. 3) I find a sense of accomplishment which in turn brings about some freedom, some healing.



A painting I submitted to Still Life 365 representing all that I lost when Audrey died.


A lamp shade I recently made. It was plain white. I added all the fabric and made the rosettes.


1 comment:

  1. I love both of those - you are very talented :) AWESOME job! <3

    ReplyDelete