Sunday, January 31, 2010

Here's to starting anew

I did it. I gave my two week notice. I am leaving the position I have held for 6 years. What a relief, my life is about to change for the better!

Before I was pregnant with Audrey I planned to quit and start my own business. Then when I became pregnant we decided it would benefit us more for me to stay put for insurance purposes and a maternity leave. I planned to give birth, take my short term disability and let my company know that I would not return. During the decision making process I asked myself if I was being selfish for wanting to continue on with my plans to leave. I made a decent salary, had benefits and knew we could support our new child with our current salaries. Starting a business wasn't as "stable." Then it became clear to me. By staying in a job I had lost my passion for and most days dreaded showing up to - I was settling for less than I deserve and far less than God has called me to and gifted me for. I want to teach my children to follow their dreams, to utilize the gifts God has given them and to answer the call even if it will be hard work. I want to set an example, to trust God for provision and to be obedient.

So this is for you Audrey. God gave me the talent to see each person as a unique and beautiful creation and to help them enhance it. It makes me so happy to help others recognize their beauty, and encourage them to be their authentic selves as I have learned and am still learning. One's appearance is only a fraction of what makes a person beautiful but that is the part of the equation I am called to.

I am opening a salon studio in my home. I do this in memory of Audrey. I still do it to set an example even though she is not here to learn from her mother.

The countdown begins...10 days til I am done with this chapter and on to the next.

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow, this sounds exciting!!! I am so proud of you for jumping out and doing this !!! I can't wait to hear how it goes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! I know sometimes it's scary to make big changes...I quit my job of 7 years to be a stay-at-home mommy to Cooper. After I lost Lily and the opportunity to be her mommy on earth, I knew that if given the opportunity to have another baby that I would give the mommy job 110%...

    Good luck with your endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! I'm glad you are doing what feels right for yourself. I hope this new chapter brings you a lot of happiness. Thinking of you. I think Audrey would be happy to know you are doing something you love to do rather than continue to do something you have no passion for anymore. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete